Property Management Services

Immigration Services

One of the downsides of moving to a foreign country, even to a place as wonderful as the Costa Brava, is having to deal with the local immigration paperwork, especially if you are less than fluent in the local language, either Catalan or Spanish. At callCarlos, our vastly experienced immigration services are here to help you with all that.

Immigration services

Upon moving to Spain, one of the first things you should do is obtain your N.I.E. (Número de Identidad de Extranjero – basically your Spanish tax and I.D. number). We already have years of experience and are experts when it comes to this procedure. For citizens of the European Union, the process is pretty uncomplicated but can be time-consuming and sometimes frustrating. The good news is that callCarlos are standing by and ready to help. Just give us a call, and we can deal with all that paperwork and bureaucracy.


Registering with your local health centre, or CAP (Centro de Asistencia Primaria), is something else you’ll want to take care of as soon as possible in order to avail of Spain’s excellent health service. Once you are a legal Spanish resident, it is mostly free or very inexpensive. We’ll help you with the paperwork and ensure you have your CatSalut health card sooner rather than later. We can also advise on private health insurance, should you so desire.


For many of you, immigrating to Spain will mean that your car is “immigrating” with you, and, just like humans, vehicles need to register in their new country of residence!

If you are coming here to live longer than six months per year with your car from your home country, you should get it reregistered with Spanish plates within 30 days. We can help you obtain a Spanish driver’s license and register both yourself and your vehicle with your local Town Hall so that you can take advantage of certain free parking spaces within your municipality. Even if you are moving here from another E.U. country to take up residency, there is some bureaucracy involved, but at callCarlos, we have all the necessary experience when it comes to Driving in Spain.


At some stage, you’ll probably need some documentation translated into Spanish or Catalan. No problem! We can take care of all that! Our team is multilingual, and we’ve got a lot of languages covered. Even if we don’t speak your language, we work with certified sworn translators who can take care of any of those documents.

We can also help you register for language courses if you want to speed up your local integration. Many municipalities offer free, or at least heavily subsidized, Catalan classes for foreign residents, and we can help you enroll. If you would rather go for private individual lessons, we’ll help you find the ones that will suit you best.


If you are a foreigner coming to Spain to start your own business, we can assist you with all aspects of getting started and, once you get going, how best to run your business according to local legislation. 

If you’d like to know more about our immigration services feel free to contact us by phone, email, or by filling in the form on our website.

Want to know how we
can help you?

We are here to help! Fill in this form, just takes 1 minute and press send. Within 24 hours we have your advice ready

Start Enjoying Life!

How can We Help You?


The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. It may not always be the most up-to-date information, legally or otherwise. This website contains links to third-party websites, and such links are only for the convenience of the reader. callCarlos does not necessarily recommend or endorse the contents of third-party websites. callCarlos does not assume any responsibility for actions taken by people who have visited their website, and no one shall be entitled to a claim for detrimental reliance on any information provided.

How can We Help You?